Friday, September 18, 2009

THE WORD OF TRUTH!


"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15
Life is a course that contains many important lessons. Hopefully, through this course set before us we will become wiser than we were when we first began our journey. Proverbs 1:7 tells us,"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." The way of life directed by man will lead to destruction, see (Proverbs 14:12). Seeking truth in the word along with obedience will bring much stability and peace in our lives. (Proverbs 3:1-2) "My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee." This book of knowledge is just full of great Biblical principles that will only enhance our lives, but secure our eternity. The same miracles and wonderful works that were done by Jesus throughout the old testament are being done still today. God is the same yesterday, today and forever, we can be sure that God never changes nor does His word! Nothing in life is a sure guarantee. In fact the only sure and solid trust we can place our hope and faith in is Jesus Christ. He promises He will never leave us or forsake us and promises His word is unfallable! Even during our worst times, God never leaves us. Many things we endure on earth such as death, sickness, pain, and sorrow are very hard for us to understand. Why must at times we endure so much? No one has all the answers, only God can give us those answers and there will come a day when we will meet Him face to face and be able to talk to the Lord. (Psa 118:4-8 NIV) Let those who fear the LORD say: "His love endures forever." {5} In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. {6} The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? {7} The LORD is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies. {8} It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. There is a saying that God will never bring you to anything that we won't bring you through! Even through life's obstacles we can be certain God loves endures all! He is there for us and is anticipating every moment we spend talking with Him. He is right by our side giving us strength and encouragement to endure until the end. Psalms 147:3 "He heals the broken heartened, binding up their wounds." God speaks to us through His word!

No comments: