Sunday, January 3, 2010

THANK YOU LORD FOR BEING A FAITHFUL HEALER!


Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
I am so thankful for the Lord and all his goodness and mercy. My son has been sick for the past few days with fever and a severe cough. He has been using an inhaler or ventilator to help him breath because the smallest cold seems to cause him severe wheezing and bronchial trouble. So like most Christian mom's I have spent the last few days in constant prayer over my little one. Well, tonight has been extremely difficult and as I was giving him the breathing treatment, Tylenol, saline for the nose, Baby Vapor Rub on the chest, I found myself in desperate need for reinforcement! I know who to call on when I'm in trouble or in need! As I started praying over my baby I was reminded of Mark 10:16 when Jesus took the little children in His arms and laid His hands on them and blessed them. So I did like Jesus did and laid my hand upon my baby and asked Jesus to wrap my baby in His arms and touch Him with His hand and heal my baby tonight! After just a few minutes into prayer I felt sickness lift from him, as I was praying I could actually envision it as if my eyes were open and I was seeing if lift off his little body and leave him. The presence of God filled the room and His spirit fell upon me and my child. “Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you” (Acts 1:8). “...Like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). When I opened my eyes and looked down at my beautiful baby and there he is just sleeping peacefully! God gave my inconsolable baby who was in a great deal of pain and discomfort rest and healed him instantly while his mother prayed for him. Not because of who his mother is, but because of what HE is! Jesus is my healer, comforter, peace in a storm, my refuge and strength, He is my love, my everything!
Lord,
I am so thankful to know you, and of your goodness and mercy! I love you because you first loved me! I am so thankful for the gift you've given me in my little William, and I am thankful you took him tonight in your loving arms and laid your hand upon him. Thank you in advance for the continued healing you are doing throughout his little body! I love you and please Lord help me to never forget tonight and what can be accomplished through you, hallelujah! In Jesus name, Amen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of the mother you are. You make me so proud to be your mother. I thank God for keeping his hand on your life.