Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Let's Praise the Lord Today!


Psalm 150:1-6 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD
Just as David fell upon his face many times, humbled and full of adoration for the Lord so should we. We should bow down before the Lord, surrendering our hearts and lives to Him completely. Making our mouths sing out as an instrument of praise to our Savior, Jesus Christ. "I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvelous works, I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." (Psalm 9:1-2) Moses had a song of thankfulness in His heart for the Lord, "The Lord is my strength and song," Moses and the children sang, "and he is become my salvation... he is my God... and I will exalt him." Scripture tells us how David once cried out to God when he was delivered from his enemies and from the hand of Saul,"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; the God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised." Psalm 100 explains that there is a God, who is real and who must be praised, we do this by making a joyful noise unto Him and serving Him throughout our days with gladness. "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." There are many blessings given to each of us from the Lord. His word tells us all good things come to those who love and serve the Lord. Let's thank Him for His goodness, and mercy. All our blessings come from Him, so let's sing a song of thankful praise to our Lord!

No comments: