Monday, March 30, 2009

DAILY DEVOTION


Daily Devotion - Monday, March 30, 2009

Forgiven Much
Gwen Smith

Today’s Truth
“Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him.” Psalm 32:2


Woman to woman!
Luke 7 introduces us to a woman who endured her shame publicly. She was guilty of something, though we are never told what. She is simply described as a woman “who had lived a sinful life.” Though she is nameless to you and me, the people of her town surely knew her name. The Pharisees knew enough to condemn her with judgmental thoughts.

Her sin was public, not private. Yet, the public disgrace of this broken, sinful woman became the perfect canvas for Jesus Christ to paint a beautiful picture of extravagant grace.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Forgiveness and mercy are attributes that have to be the most rewarding to have. Peace is something that I've always had as a result of embracing forgiveness. I am not worthy enough to exploit an offense that has been made against me. I never was crucified Holy and pure. Jesus Christ shows unbridled forgiveness and mercy toward us, why should I not show that same compassion and kindness to my offenders? Forgiveness is wonderful and so rewarding, yet so undeserving. I am so thankful that my God has shown me Grace and love after all that I have done that was against anything He would ever have me do!!!!!