Tuesday, June 30, 2009

UNAWARE


I read this today and thought it was so well put and inspiring that I had to share! I pray this will be as encouraging to you as it was for me!
~Jennifer Puckett

“And then he told them, ’Go into all the world and preach the
Good News to everyone.’” Mark 16:15 (NLT)

Scripture tells us that everyone will be accountable to God (Romans 14:12), even if they have not heard of Him, which is the basis for global missions work. But what about the mission field right in our own back yards? Are we really reaching out to those who are reachable? As Christians, it is our duty to make sure that people become aware of Jesus, including teens that seem to need nobody but themselves. The people we encounter can be a divine appointment…even an unaware soul, longing to be rescued.

I heard a statistic once that stated that 80% of people who accept Christ do so by age 18. We have a window of opportunity to reach young people, and God is calling us now, to make an impact on the future generations of our world, one heart at a time.


Dear Lord, give me passion and courage to reach out to those who are unaware of Your sovereignty. Impart Your wisdom to me, so that I can be equipped to witness in such a way that peaks their interest and makes them aware of their need for You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
AUTHOR~Tracie Miles

So many people have no real knowledge of Jesus Christ. It is important that we reach out to the young and old alike. I want God to use me in what ever way He sees fit. I pray He directs me to someone who is hungry for a change in their life and someone who wants to know the truth about God! I am so thankful for the Lord, He has blessed me abundantly and I would love for others to have the same experiences I have had while serving the Lord! My life has not been perfect, no life is here on earth. Although while life is not always perfect, through adversities God will give us strength and we will grow spiritually and have a deeper walk with the Lord. We learn through hard times how to really depend on the Lord, because we know only He can change our situation and bring hope to it. Through the Lord we are over comers of adversity, we are given joy, peace, and a spirit of love. I am a firm believer that the only hope for change is through the Lord. With Him leading and guiding our hearts and lives we become better wives, mothers, daughters, and friends. A change within our soul has taken place once we have the spirit of God dwelling within us. The Bible tells us we are made a "NEW CREATURE" after being baptised in His name and filled with the Spirit of the Holy Ghost! All things old are washed away, we are given a clean slate, full of new beginnings, and a more positive way of life. We can do anything in His name, through Him there is hope for the hopeless, through Him there is salvation and eternal life! I am so thankful for the one and only Saviour our Lord, Jesus Christ!

No comments: