Thursday, March 11, 2010

THE HOUSE I'VE BUILT THROUGH HIM!



The home should provide more than a safe haven for the ones who reside with in it. It should provide living examples of true Christianity. The dwellers within our home are not perfect but we are blessed and striving daily to be more and more like Christ! It is a parents responsibility and honor to raise their children up in the will of the Lord! "Train a child up in the way he should go; and even when he is old he shall not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6) Teaching them from an early age to talk to God about everything. One example of this I have incorporated into our daily routine, my older daughters are now driving and before either of them leave home we hold hands and pray God keeps them safe by placing a hedge of protection over them and gives them the strength to do His will in all they do. One of the difficulties of parenting is the reality that you can't protect your children from every harmful circumstance they may encounter. We have to put our trust in the one who controls all and know that He is our Provider and Protector, and He desires for us to put our trust in Him. He has never failed us nor forgotten us, scripture reminds us of this in Joshua 1:5 "There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." It's important that we teach children to rely on Christ and to put their trust in Him.  The most effective way for them to grasp the true importance and meaning of this is to lead by example. Praying and reading the word together as a family is very beneficial because it strengthens the family and creates a supernatural bond given by the Lord! 
Psalm 127:1 "Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." 
 For I have chosen him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring to Abraham what he has promised him.”(Genesis 18:19)
"Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”(Matthew 18:19-20)
As a wife and mother, over the years I have worked fervently, taking on the holy task to build a house that would honor the Lord.  Laying a foundation that I have built within my children based on the solid truth of God's word. So my children will also become builders of their own homes, sowing seeds for generations to come!  God bless!

No comments: