Wednesday, March 3, 2010

KEEPING THE FAITH TO FINISH THE RACE!

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." Ecclesiastes 9:11
  Ok....I have to admit when I seen this picture all I could think was "racers start you engines"!  It reminded me of how energized and driven with excitement we all are when we first become saved.  Don't you remember the excitement you felt when you first were baptised in His name, or the first time you received the holy ghost?  It's an overwhelming feeling of joy and peace that only comes from the Lord, and once you've received His spirit you want nothing more than to share it with the world.  Where once doubt and confusion layed you are filled with new hope, certainty and enlightened with a new planned path! You feel as though the only way to exclaim such fulfillment would be to shout it from a mountain top! It is imparative to our spiritual walk that we keep that momentum and drive along with a steady pace as the Lord directs us along our path!
  Well as I layed in bed tonight my mind kept pondering how and when the Lord inspired me to create "Women of Praise", and the many topics and devotions that we've endeavored over the past year.  At first I had created a blog where I could journal life with my kids and share photos with all my family and friends, great idea right!  Well the Lord spoke to me after creating this family photo blog, and told me I was to use my blog for Him!  My first response was there had to be a mistake, "me Lord"??? Surely I misinterpreted what the Lord had asked of me, who would want to read anything I wrote? Quickly the Lord reminded me this was not my blog but His, and my place in this was to be a willing and obedient vessel! "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3  The success has been completely dependant on the Lord, I have prayed much through this year for His guidance and annointing. He has faithfully revealed to me in scripture and in spirit what was to be written in this blog, and I am thankful to be used by Him. I had planned to blog again on the 27th of this month which will mark the one year anniversary of "Women of Praise", but the Lord lovingly impressed me to get out of bed and write tonight!  Over the course of a year we have induldged in a list of topics such as: grace, faith, hope, unfailing love, unmeasurable mercy, godly character and spiritual warfare to name a few.  This spiritual race is not ending but continuing on until we reach that finish line that lies ahead! I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 2 Timothy 4:7  It is so important that we finish the race the Lord has set before us, this race against time. This is not a time to give up, this is a time to encourage and be encouraged!  "So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you." Revelations 3:3  God never promised us our time here on earth would be easy, but He did promise an escape from our troubles through Him. "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present your faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude v 24). "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3,4).  He will always deliver, and His promises are never broken. He has promised a life of eternity and blessings for His people, so hold on, be strong and keep the faith until we finish this race!  "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand"(Revelation 1:3).





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: