Monday, April 27, 2009

THANK YOU JESUS FOR TIMES OF REST


I found this daily prayer and thought it was awesome and had to share! What a difference it could make in our prayer life to pray this little prayer on a daily basis. Teaching us to acknowledge the good times and many blessings that the Lord has given each of us. We seem to get desperate and prayerful when things are going wrong in life. How close our relationship with Jesus would be if we gave Him that same attention, dedication and prayerful attitude of thankfulness during our days of rest. Rest from trials or troubles of this life that affect us all from time to time. Our loving father gives us this rest to not be forgotten but in remembrance of all His goodness and mercy. To show each of us how much He loves us and wants to bless us!

LORD, IN YOUR STRENGTH, I find rest for my soul, a retreat where I'm safe and secure. Please help me to appreciate the times of rest in my life and to learn of Your strengths of character, purpose, and truth. Then after my rest, I will know more about WHO YOU ARE as I claim the strength of Your faithfulness to remain. Amen
Author-Karon Phillips Goodman

No comments: