Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!


How blessed I am to have such a wonderful Mom! I am so thankful for my mother! Many many years ago my mom made a faithful decision to serve the Lord whole heartly and promised to raise her children in the will of God. That decision changed the course of not only her life but the lives of her children and grandchildren! It was a life change that brought promise from that moment forward. My mother always stayed faithful to church, I remember mom always bringing us no matter what, we were going to be at church. My mother has served the Lord for nearly thirty years without my Dad beside her, but she knew if she was faithful to Him, He would also be faithful to her. It must have been hard raising three children in church by herself, but she did it and I have the up most respect for her. I know God gave her courage and the perseverance to continue on in the will of God with her children, even when times were at there hardest. I pray that I follow after the ways of my mother and that I pass along to my children the things she spent so much time teaching me along the years. There were many times during my teenage years especially that I would hear my precious mother in her room calling out my name while in prayer. She would plead the blood of Jesus over my life, she would pray for protection and that God would always keep me close to Him and that I would never stray. There is no telling of what my life would be like if it weren't for those fervent prayers of a God fearing prayerful mother. Words can not express the gratitude I feel for her and how those prayers have impacted my life. There is something special about a mother's love expressed through prayer. She loved me whole heartily and made it very clear that us girls were not hers but the Lord's and that we were only on loan to her. God was trusting her to care for us and raise us according to His will. She always gave glory to God for us, and has always been obedient to the Lord. My mother has been involved with various ministries over the years from Mother's Memorial Leader, Sunday School teacher, Choir director, etc. etc. etc. The greatest ministry my mother ever took part in was through raising us girls. God kept His hand on my mother and ministered through her while she taught us so much about the Lord. My mother instilled the power of prayer in me at a very early age and it has been with me ever since. If there is anything that I rest assure in knowing is that I can go to my heavenly father about anything and He will be there to give me the answers and strength that I need. She taught me how to lead a godly lifestyle and to always put the Lord first. The Bible tells us in Proverbs 31:28 "her children will rise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her". My mother is such a blessing to me, she is not only my mother but my very best friend. I hope I am always a blessing to my mother because she has never failed me with her love and support, without her I would not be the woman I am today. My children would not be in the will of God either. God had a plan for my mother and that plan did not end with her. She is an inspiration and a true example of a godly woman. I hope to be just like her. Mom, I love you, and I am so thankful for you! You are one of a kind and I am so thankful God chose you to be my mother!

No comments: